The art and antiquities museum of the University of Cambridge in Central Cambridge London, The Fitzwilliam Museum, is one of Britain’s oldest public museums. The “Founder’s Building” was opened in 1848 and was designed by George Basevi. The museum has five sections: Antiquities, Applied Arts, Coins and Medals, Manuscripts and Printed Books, Paintings, Drawings and Prints. The current collection contains Western European paintings ranging from the 14th Century to the present day; Egyptian, Western Asiatic, Greek and Roman antiquities; and the applied arts of Western Europe and Asia. The collection includes masterpieces from Simone Martini, Olivuccio di Ciccarello, Domenico Veneziano, Titian, Veronese, Rubens, Van Dyck, van Goyen, Frans Hals, Canaletto, Hogarth, Gainsborough, Constable, Monet, Degas, Renoir, Cézanne and Picasso.